Why I Always Order A Diet Coke With My Cheeseburger And Fries
I stood there at In-N-Out as the cashier repeated my order, “So that’s a double-double (animal style), an order of fries (animal style), and a large diet coke.”
“Dude, what’s the point?” asked my friend.
“Why not, just get a regular coke, you’re already eating like crap,” he said.
But my friend doesn’t understand.
There’s a lot of hate diet coke, especially when drank in combination with less “healthier” foods.
I see it all the time (both in person and online).
- The eye rolls…
- The condescending glares…
- The “Why do you do this, your heart are gonna explode anyways. Diet coke won’t do anything.” comments…
I’m not overweight.
Not to brag, but I’d say I’m in pretty decent shape. Feel free to disagree.
Why I drink diet coke
- I drink diet soda because it’s a (slightly) more satisfying alternative to water.
- I drink it knowing with 100% certainty that it won’t affect my weight in any way, shape, or form.
- I drink it because if I had to choose between 300 calories worth of regular coke and 300 calories worth of doughnuts, I’d choose doughnuts every single time.
- I drink it because the taste is pretty much the same to regular coke (sorry, I can’t tell the fucking difference).
- I drink it because if I’m trying to lose weight and tracking calories, why in the name of fuck would I want any extra calories from regular soda. How do people not understand this?
Let’s say I did order a regular coke with my burger and fries…
….that’s an extra 300 calories of pure sugar that I simply don’t need or care for.
It’s like the difference between getting a good buzz and getting stupid “vomit in baby stroller” drunk.
Why are so many people fat, despite drinking diet coke
I know a lot of fitness guys in great shape who drink diet coke.
But there’s a much larger group of people who drink diet coke on a consistent basis that are well, fat.
Why is this?
It boils down to this:
1. They eat like crap and have self-destructive, unhealthy habits
You’ll notice those who drink diet soda like water are also the same types of people to eat a lot of junk food and don’t exercise.
But if you’re following a healthy, well-rounded diet, then drinking diet soda won’t harm your health.
Diet soda itself isn’t unhealthy (source).
People with unhealthy habits are unhealthy.
2. They view the diet coke as a way to “cheat” the system and end up eating more calories than they would have otherwise.
Diet coke is just that, a zero calorie beverage.
It can limit the damage that regular coke would have done otherwise.
But it doesn’t fix an otherwise shit diet.
What’s worse, are the people who use drink diet coke as an excuse to eat more calories later on.
Just because you drank a can of diet coke, doesn’t mean you get to have an extra slice of cake for dessert.
That’s not how this works.
Win the war, not the battle
Like I said above, the average overweight person who drinks diet coke, has a really crappy diet and lifestyle.
What do you think is worse: eating 5000 calories per day or drinking 1-2 cans of diet coke per day?
When it comes to weight loss, the war is won by eating fewer calories.
- The diet coke…
- The “best fat burning foods…”
- The random stuff like supplements…
Those are all tiny battles.
A you can win every battle in the book till, but that doesn’t win the war.
It blows my mind how most people don’t care about calorie counts, but like to finger point at diet coke.
It’s like me saying, this guy can’t get laid because his shirts are wrinkled and girls don’t find that attractive.
Sure, maybe that matter.
But chances are, that’s not the reason he’s not getting laid.
You’re not fat because you drink diet coke. You’re fat because you eat like shit.
Stop blaming the diet soda.
Stop listening to the media about why diet soda is the weight loss devil.
And don’t feel guilty for ordering a diet coke with your cheeseburger and fries.
Speaking of cheeseburgers and fries:
P.S. If you want to learn how to eat burgers and fries every single day and still lose weight, check out Superhero X12.
My step-by-step system will show you how to setup your diet so you can eat your favorite foods every day and still get lean.