Out of all the renowned celebrity bodies out there, nothing is more renowned than Brad Pitt’s physique in Fight Club. Even after more than a decade after it’s release, thousands of guys are still searching for the Brad Pitt Fight Club workout and how they can get that coveted lean and ripped Hollywood body.
Brad Pitt Fight Club Workout Routine
So why did I decide to write a Fight Club workout routine and not a Troy workout routine. Well…. frankly because more people are interested in having the Fight Club body as opposed to the Troy body.
And that’s understandable, Fight Club was one of the first movies that started the whole “celebrity workout” trend. Brad Pitt had a body that was extremely lean and not overly muscular which is something that modern day bodybuilders scoff at. But in my opinion, Brad Pitt had an amazing body in Fight Club.
So here’s plan to help you get a body like Tyler Durden himself. You will be doing 3 full body workouts 3x per week.
Monday/Wed/Fri or Tues/Thurs/Sat
- Incline dumbbell press or incline barbell press – 3 x 8 reps (90 seconds rest)
- Dumbbell shoulder press – 2 x 10 reps (60 seconds rest)
- Wide grip cable row – 2 x 8 reps (90 seconds rest)
- Chin ups – 3 x 12 reps ( 60 seconds rest)
- Dumbbell curls – 2 x 12 reps per arm
- lying tricep extension – 2 x 12 reps
- Lunges – 2 x 8 reps per leg (90 seconds rest)
- Reverse lunges – 2 x 8 reps per leg (90 seconds rest)
- Front plank – 1 set x 60 seconds
- Side plank – 1 set x 60 seconds per side
Optional fat burning cardio routine after weight training
This is an optional cardio high intensity interval training routine to do after your weight training routine. It’s completely optional, but if you want something to help speed up the process and burn off that last bit of fat, then give this 20 minute routine a shot.
20 minute HIIT routine
- Get a treadmill and warmup on the treadmill by adjusting the speed levels so that you are able to walk at a medium pace for 5 minutes.
- Increase the intensity so that you are now sprinting as fast as possible. Sprint for 30 seconds.
- Decrease the speed so that you are back to walking at a medium pace. Walk for 90 seconds.
- Continue to alternate steps 2 and 3 until you perform 6 total sprints.
- Perform a 3 minute cooldown on the treadmill by walking at a slow pace.
Some notes about the workout:
- Many of the Brad Pitt workout routines on the internet have you doing endless amounts of cardio on the treadmill. Like I said already, cardio is not necessary to get ripped. You diet is MUCH more important
- I did not include deadlifts or squats in this program because they tend to make your legs and midsection a little bulky and this takes away from the Fight Club physique that we’re aiming for
- And yes, I know this is not the official Fight Club workout that Brad Pitt did. His official plan according to many other sites involved a lot of high rep, light weight lifting. But as I covered before in this post, lifting light weights for high reps is not the ideal way to get ripped. You should be training heavy like in the workout above if you want to get ripped.
- For a diet plan, check out this article I wrote here on how to eat to lose fat. You’re definitely going to have to shed a few pounds if you want to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club. Brad Pitt was at least 6% body fat in Fight Club.
Will always be a classic:
How to get razor sharp abs like Brad Pitt
One of the greatest features of Brad Pitt’s Fight Club body are his razor sharp abs.
But one of the greatest methods involves the “shrink wrap effect”, a term conied by Rusty Moore (author of Visual Impact Muscle Building).
The shrink wrap effect is basically how your skin plays catch up when you first get lean. After a certain amount of time, your skin catches up to your new level of leanness and you’ll look lean and defined all year long instead of bloated and puffy.
Click on the video below to check out Rusty’s explanation of the shrink wrap effect and how to guarantee it for your body.
You’re not as good looking as Brad Pitt…but that’s okay
So you now you know Brad Pit’s Fight Club workout. You have everything you need to turn yourself into a carbon copy of Brad Pitt.
Now all you need to do is fix your face to look Brad Pitt, marry Angelina Jolie, have a dozen children from 8 different countries, and be worth about $100 million dollars.
So yeah….good luck with that.